Our reviews are unbiased, objective, and non-sponsored. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Viome is a well-known wellness and fitness services brand that assists millions of people by providing at-home health tests. In this Viome Gut Test review, we looked at the at-home testing and tailored supplements they provide to discover more about the company and what makes them so popular.
Viome is a testing company that examines a person’s gut biology to learn more about their general health. Clients learn more about what they should and should not consume, what supplements may be beneficial, and what to watch out for in the future as a result of the results. Viome has been in business since 2016 with the purpose of assisting their clients in living a healthier and happier life through individualized advice, preventing illness, and detecting disease early on. How do they accomplish this? Well, the brand employs artificial intelligence to examine microorganisms and mRNA discovered in blood and stool samples. The data from the samples is then compared to DNA information that they already have in order to give their clients a picture of their health.
Who Is Viome For?
We may all benefit from learning more about our gastrointestinal health. Some of us have occasional digestive troubles, but others deal with concerns like abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea frequently. There are things you can do to feel better, but you have to know where to start. This is when Viome enters the picture.
How Do The Viome Tests Work?
The tests are very easy to use, follow these simple steps:
- When your Viome test arrives, it will come with everything you need to collect blood and stool samples, as well as instructions on how to return them to the brand.
- Register your test online, and provide Viome with details about your lifestyle, health issues, height and weight measurements and other information relevant.
- Collect your samples and send them back to Viome.
- Your health scores and recommendations will be available on the Viome app in about two to three weeks.
- The app will then intelligently select and sort your personalized food and supplement recommendations based on your most pressing needs.
- Finally, you have the option of creating your own custom supplement and probiotic regimen.
How Long Do The Viome Tests Take?
When you order your Viome microbiome test, you should allow yourself six weeks to receive your results. This may appear to be a long time, but it includes the time it took to receive your Viome kit, collect your sample, ship it back, and then give the brand a few weeks to test it.
How Do I collect My Stools and Blood?
Viome includes a collection pad that attaches to your toilet bowl as well as a small scooper for collecting stool samples and transporting them to the tube. If you need more assistance, the brand offers a video tutorial. You must fast for at least eight hours before having your blood drawn, and we recommend doing so first thing in the morning. The testing pack includes everything you’ll need. Simply prick your finger with the lancets and collect the blood. You’ll also be given four small vials in which to store your blood, however you’ll only need to completely fill two.
What Are The Viome Integrative Functions Measured?
Gut Microbiome Health:
Among other things, your gut flora influences your weight, energy, stress, sleep, and immunity. If your gut microbiota scores are not normal, Viome will propose the nutrients you require to support your gut health, such as specific prebiotics, probiotics, supplements, and meals.
The cellular health score assesses your overall health by taking into account a variety of factors such as inflammation, stress, efficiency, and age. Potential triggers such as oxidative stress or environmental toxins can be identified using this test.
The mitochondria provide energy for essential biological operations. Your mitochondrial health is also linked to aging, metabolism, cardiovascular health, and brain health. To address mitochondrial health concerns, specific supplements can help to minimize oxidative stress or boost the supply of mitochondrial enzymes required for regular energy production.
Immune System Health:
Your immune system is your body’s amazing defensive reaction that fights illness and boosts your body’s inherent healing qualities. Disrupting inflammatory cycles or easing pressure or stress on your immune cells may all contribute to a healthy immune system. Immune system activity might vary greatly across individuals. Because of the intimate link between cellular stress, inflammation, the gut flora, and our blood, each individual may receive completely different suggestions.
Stress Response Health:
This stress response health test incorporates data from your blood as well as stress indicators produced by your gut bacteria in response to certain cellular stress events. They might be caused by your lifestyle, environment, or physiological response to emotions. Furthermore, inflammation or toxins produced by your gut bacteria create specific signals. Changes in lifestyle, nutrition, and supplements can help you address your individual stress patterns and restore cellular balance and resilience.
The test measures how hard your cells have to work to perform their basic functions to determine your biological age. As we get older, our cellular activity becomes less efficient. Viome’s massive data stores enable them to compare your activity to that of a large enough group of people to evaluate whether your cells are operating more or less effectively than their peer group.
How Much Does Viome Cost?
Viome provides four distinct options.
The Gut Intelligence Test costs $99 (subscription is $59.95 per month).
Probiotics and microbiome tests are included.
Health and gut intelligence test: $199 (subscription $199 each month).
Probiotics, microbiome testing, cellular health testing, mitchondiral health testing, immune system testing, stress response testing, and biological age testing are all part of the package. Supplements and a six-month retest are also provided if you subscribe.
Is Viome Testing Worth It?
Each Viome report provides a list of foods and supplements that will enhance your life as well as those that you should avoid. If you follow the brand guidelines, you should see improvements in your sleep, digestion, skin health, mental concentration, energy levels, mood, and weight.
Where Is Viome Located?
Viome is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington.
Viome Gut Tests : Pros And Cons
What We Like!
- Testing is very easy as Viome provide you with everything you need.
- Your results are available online and are easy to access
- You are provided with a personalised list of recommended supplements and dietary changes
- Collecting stool and blood can be difficult for some.
- Some view the tests as expensive
Viome Health Intelligence Test With Gut Intelligence Review
Viome’s Health Intelligence Test looks at how your gut microbiome and digestive health support other aspects of your health that are beneficial to you, such as your immune system, cellular health, biological aging, and more. The test evaluates six Integrative Functional Health scores, after which the brand will recommend food and supplements for the next 4-6 months with a focus on optimizing your health.
Viome Gut Intelligence Test Review
The Gut Intelligence Test from Viome evaluates your microbial gene expression and contains over 20 subscores linked to immunological responses, microbial activity, richness and variety, gut lining health, and more. The nutrition suggestions given promote healthy gut flora and are the first step toward better gut health!
Viome Gut Intelligence Test Customer Review Analysis
- Reviews: 310
- Review Rating: 3.7 out of 5 stars
Viome Gut Intelligence Test Customer Views:
The Viome gut intelligence test received mixed reviews. The amount of information offered by the test findings amazed several clients. They were pleased that Viome not only supplied a list of typical meals to avoid but also a list of foods that were beneficial for your unique composition. In contrast, a few reviewers were dissatisfied because the tests did not account for their food allergies, so they were given a list of food recommendations that included foods they couldn’t eat. Additionally, we read many reviews from very dissatisfied customers that felt the company did not provide an individual personalised plan and only wanted you to buy their supplements.
According to numerous reviewers, Viome’s testing periods were as expected, with results arriving in 4 to 5 weeks on average. However, a few reviewers’ findings took substantially longer, and one customer doubted if the results were genuine because it took nearly 6 months to obtain them.
Ease of Use
The Viome test is easy to use, according to reviews; the kit is well thought out, and the directions are simple to follow.
Viome Precision Supplements & Probiotics + Prebiotic Complete with Health Intelligence Review
The Precision supplement plan provides the highest degree of accuracy, with vitamins, prebiotics, and probiotics sent monthly. All of which are based on the findings of your health intelligence test. Every 6 months, you’ll receive a new health intelligence test to guarantee your formula is up-to-date.
Viome Gut Test Alternatives
If you don’t think Viome is the right testing company for you, here are some great alternatives:
- BIOHM: The brand determine a persons gut microbiome by DNA sequencing. Individuals receive an overall gut score, a microbe population analysis, and additional recommendations. You can purchase supplements separately.
- DayTwo creates a unique report based on a person’s glycemic response using various sources of health data, such as a person’s gut biome analysis, questionnaires, anthropometrics, and food diaries.
- Thyrve analyzes a person’s gut health through DNA sequencing. You’ll then be provided with personalized probiotics, food recommendations, and diet plans.
- OME Health use Microbiome and DNA testing to create a personalized nutrition coaching program for a person based on their health goals.
- ZOE examines a person’s gut health as well as blood fat and blood sugar levels. The service also uses real-time blood sugar sensors and specially formulated muffins to help people understand their metabolism.
- Everlywell sells a variety of test kits, including COVID-19, men’s and women’s health, energy and weight, sexual health, and general wellness. Physicians review all test results, and people will receive their results on a secure platform within days.
- At Let’s Get Checked you can purchase sexual health tests, men’s and women’s health tests, wellness tests, and COVID-19 tests. Doctors review all test results and send the results to patients within 2–5 days. In the event of a positive outcome, the company also provides support and treatment options.
- Tests for general health, men’s and women’s health, digestive health, heart health, infectious diseases, and sexually transmitted infections are available from Quest Direct. If the test results indicate that additional medical care is required, health professionals will contact the person.
Other Health Related Articles
Viome Reviews From Other Sources
As part of our GNGuides assessment of the Viome Gut tests, we searched the web for brand reviews in order to present a balanced perspective.
The Gut Microbiome Test received 3.7 out of 5 stars from 310 Amazon reviewers. Similarly to Amazon, 778 customers gave their opinions on the brand on Trustpilot, with an average rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars.
The brand also has an A-rating on the Better Business Bureau website.
I was surprised to find out that it listed the same “bad” foods as my blood test. It even includes lists of foods to avoid and foods that are extremely beneficial to your health. I was able to see exactly which bacteria I was lacking and order a custom probiotic directly from them. At some point, I will definitely order a follow-up. The technical support is excellent.5 star review for Viome on Amazon
The kits are fantastic and lovely. The results report is completely useless and difficult to understand. When I’m looking at foods to avoid, I want to know why and what path I should take to get better. I’d like to be able to sort by different criteria. It would be helpful if I could see all of that information on one screen and sort it by any of those categories. It’s aggravating to have to click on every single food to find out why, and the information on foods to avoid is nonexistent. I’d like a PDF report that includes a summary of the food data.2 star review For Viome on Amazon
Viome Social Media
With over 102k Instagram followers and over 21k Facebook friends, Viome has a sizable social media following. The pages are densely packed with brand-related and health-related information.
Where Can You Buy Viome Gut Tests?
Viome gut tests can be purchased directly from the company’s website.
Viome Promotions and Discounts
As part of our Viome Gut Test review, we scan the internet for current specials.
Sign Up To Viome Emails
When you sign up to receive emails, you will receive 20% off your first order as well as being the first to hear of exclusive offers and be notified of the latest products.
If you require any more information, or if you need to contact the brand directly, you can contact their support team:
- Online Chat
- Call: 1 (855) 958 4663
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out their support pages
Viomet Frequently Asked Questions
Does Viome Have a Return Policy?
You must cancel your order within 24 hours to receive a full refund, including shipping; if you change your mind within 14 days, you will receive a refund less a $25 processing fee.
Viome Shipping Policy
Viome sells their products and services in a variety of countries, including the United States. The only exception is that due to regulatory issues, test kits cannot be purchased or shipped to New York or the province of Newfoundland.
Viome test kits are usually delivered within 5 business days, but occasionally delivery can take up to 10 business days. International deliveries will take longer due to customs delays.