In 2016, the founders of Sportneer set out to aid both novices and seasoned athletes in achieving their fitness goals. Sportneer calls themselves “your sports companion,” with the goal of keeping sports fans interested, physically active, and mentally healthy. Fluid cycles, sleeping bags, massage guns, and similar items are among their products. All products are cutting-edge innovations that provide users with high quality at a price they can afford. Here, we’ll take a closer look at the Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massage Gun and learn why it’s so well-liked by customers.
Our reviews are unbiased, objective, and non-sponsored. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sportneer Massage Gun Review
What We Like!
- Massage gun has excellent battery life
- Great range of attachments
What We Don’t Like!
- Low stall force
- Low amplitude
Is The Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massage Gun Worth It?
When compared to other massage guns in its price range, the Sportneer Elite D9 is a clear winner. It has the battery life of a model nearly five times as expensive; a wide speed range to accommodate a variety of user preferences; and attachments that are specifically designed to allow you to use oils during your massage. On the surface, it’s hard to fathom why someone would pay hundreds more for a name brand. If you compare the Elite D9 to more expensive models from Theragun and Hyperice, you’ll notice that the Elite D9 has a weaker massage because of its shorter amplitude and lower stall force. However, that’s not to say the Sportneer Elite D9 is ineffective. In some cases, it may even be preferable.
Who Is The Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massage Gun For?
For those seeking a reasonably priced, full-sized massage gun with adequate power, the Sportneer Elite D9 is an excellent option. If you’re suffering from extreme muscle soreness but don’t want to deal with the noise that a more powerful model would produce, this is the massager for you. This massage gun is not for you if you are searching for a device that provides deep-tissue percussion or a tool that digs into trigger points.
Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Features
The Sportneer Massage Gun is a therapeutic percussion massage tool. Expertly crafted and rigorously tested, it aids in post-workout recovery by easing muscle tension and soreness, slowing and halting muscle atrophy, and increasing blood flow. It relieves pain without the
use of drugs or supplements and shortens the time it takes to warm up and cool down before and after exercise.
As a part of a pre-workout warm-up, you can expect to see increased flexibility in your upper body, particularly your back, shoulders, and arms.
Muscle recuperation: decreased time to full strength after intense exercises like long distance running, basketball, football, boxing, etc.
Using it on achy muscles immediately makes you feel more at ease and relieved.
The massage tool’s quiet operation (only 35–45 dB even at full speed) adds to the overall soothing experience.
The high-quality battery in the Sportneer massager gun is rated at 48.24Wh. The device uses LG cells for its battery and can go on for at least six hours on a single charge. There’s also an automatic shutoff after 10 minutes for your own safety and the device’s.
The 5 intensity settings and 6 interchangeable massage heads give you the same degree of personalization as you’d get from a professional masseuse, allowing you to find your ideal massage experience. You can use the 2 metal heads to apply essential oils for a soothing, aromatic escape, appealing to your senses in a different way than traditional massage.
It’s small enough to fit in your purse, so you can get a massage whenever you like.
You’ll love how relaxed you feel all the time if you give yourself the gift of massage and tend to your body when and where it needs it.
Sportneer’s Elite D9 is built with a fairly standard design, featuring a vertical, foam-covered handle attached to a horizontally oriented motor and shaft. It’s easy to use and effective at relieving muscle tension in the most common problem areas. The Elite D9 isn’t the heaviest gun available at 2.3 pounds, but it’s also not the lightest. This bodes well for its longevity, but not so well for its practicality. One of the Elite D9’s best features is its ergonomic handle, which, thanks to its cylindrical shape, is simple to hold onto.
The gun’s single on/off/speed button also cycles through the gun’s six preset speeds of 1300, 1700, 2000, 2400, 2800, and 3200. The Sportneer Elite D9 comes with a zippered hardshell carrying case that has separate spaces for the gun, each attachment, and the included wall charger. There’s also a mesh pouch for keeping your gun’s accessories.
There are six add-ons for the Sportneer Elite D9:
- Ball head – Suits larger muscle groups
- Fork head – perfect for use around the spine, calves and sensitive areas
- Cone – use around joints, on pressure points and a deep tissue massage
- Flat head – general massage
- Chrome plated flat head – for use with oils and lotions
- Chrome plated ball head – for use with oils and lotions.
All of the attachments are hard plastic, with the exception of the ball and the chrome-plated heads.
The Sportneer Elite D9 features six distinct levels of resistance. Tiny light-emitting diode (LED) indicators show the current speed, ranging from 1,300 to 3,200 beats per minute (PPM). This is a wider range than you’ll find in most massage guns at this price, but it also means that the differences between speeds are greater.
The amplitude of a pretty standard massage gun is between 10 and 14 millimeters (mm), though some high-end models can reach 16 mm. Even though the Sportneer Elite D9 still provided release to tight trigger points, the percussion was noticeably weaker than that of a Theragun Elite or Hypervolt 2 Pro due to the gun’s 11mm amplitude.
When operating at low speeds, the Elite D9 is as quiet as Sportneer claims it to be (40–50 dB). However, as expected, the higher the speed, the louder it became, with the maximum setting registering at around 65 decibels.
Considering its low price, the Sportneer Elite D9’s six-hour battery life is impressive.
How Do I Use The Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massager?
The Sportneer massage gun is extremely simple to use; to turn it on, simply press the button located on the back of the device. The Sportneer D9’s power levels are indicated by three lights just below the button, and with each press you will increase the speed of your percussion massager. Additionally, there are lights directly above the button that will indicate how much pressure you are using. This massager’s 10-minute auto-off function is another great feature, ensuring that you won’t have to worry about it overheating if you forget to turn it off.
Related: How To Use A Massage Gun
How Often Should I Use The Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massage Gun?
As with all massage guns you should use your Sportneer D9 for at least 15 seconds and up to 2 minutes for each muscle area noting that each session should not last more than 15 minutes.
Sportneer Elite D9 Percussive Massage Gun Reviews
As part of our Sportneer Massage Gun review, we look for consumer feedback to ensure you get a fair reflection before making a purchase. The reviewers’ comments come not only from the brand’s website, but also from other review sites.
The Sportneer Elite D9’s high build quality is a major selling point. Many reviewers agree that the massager’s plastic and metal tips are strong, that the finish is sleek and clean, and that the massager itself is well-made. Only a small percentage of customers were dissatisfied with the massagers’ performance, and those who did file complaints were typically given their money back by the manufacturer. Almost universally, reviewers who commented on the device’s ease of use praised how smoothly the attachments attached and detached.
Once again, the massage gun was praised for its effectiveness; our research turned up review after review from satisfied customers attesting to the massager’s effectiveness on a variety of muscle groups, with one woman reporting that the sportneer massager made her feel “amazing” and “helped her sleep.”
Some reviewers found the battery to be very long lasting, while others didn’t.
Where Can You Buy The Sportneer Massage Gun?
The company sells the Sportneer massage guns in addition to everything else on their website, but the massagers are fulfilled by Amazon.
Massage Gun, Sportneer Deep Tissue Muscle Percussion Massager Gun for Athletes, Handheld Electric Back Massager for Muscle Relax & Pain Relief, 48Wh LG Battery Cells, Ultra Quiet and Lightweight
- 6 Hours of Battery Life: Internal 48.24Wh LG battery cells, the Sportneer massage gun offers double the battery life of other brand massage gun for 6 hours of continuous use
- Low Noise: The Sportneer muscle massage gun uses the newest noise reduction technology that it only reaches 35-45 dB, quiet enough so you can use it at home, gym, office, etc.
- 5 Speed Levels to Meet Most of Your Needs: The deep tissue massage gun has 5 speed levels from 1200 to 3200 rpm, from low, medium to high, bringing different intensity massage experience
- 6 Replaceable Massage Heads: The percussion massage gun offers 6 massage heads to help users relax all parts of the body, great for back massage, neck, shoulders, arms, legs, thighs, muscle massage
- Lightweight and Portable: The massage gun for athletes only 1.7lbs with lightweight design with carrying case, simplifying storage and transportation
Sportneer Mens Mountain Bike Shorts – 3D Padding MTB Cycling Shorts for Men with Liner and Loose Fit (Medium, Grey)
- Ultimate Versatility: Great performance and lots of ways to use them! The Sportneer Mountain Bike Shorts will serve you well through mountain biking, road cycling, hiking, traveling, and any outdoors activities. Comfortable and a great value!
- 3D Seat Padding: Don’t let pain distract you from having a good time! A special 3D molded sponge cushioning distributes and supports your weight on any type of bike seating. It’s a real treat for your upper thighs and hips!
- Reflective Strips & Convenient Pockets: Stay seen no matter the location or time of day. Reflective light strips reflect light brilliantly if you’re going for a morning ride or coming back from a late one. There are also 2 zippered pockets and 2 deep pockets on each side of pants for quick access to your valuables.
- Waterproof Fabric: Keep away the water, rain, dirt and more while you ride! Engineered with 88% nylon, 12% spandex, the hydrophobic coating is stretchy, moisture-wicking, and prevents painful chafing.
- Non-Slip Design: Vigorous workout? It’s no match for the Sportneer Cycling Jersey Suit! Non-slip rubber grips on the hem of the jersey and ankles of the pants keep your shorts solidly in place even when you’re at the peak of your climb.
Lightweight Portable Folding Camping Chair: Sportneer Compact Beach Camp Chairs for Adults Foldable Backpacking Chair Outdoor Collapsible Chair for Camping Hiking Lawn Picnic Outside Travel (Orange)
- Stronger Stability: Say goodbye to an unstable camping folding chair. For ultimate stability, we’ve designed our camping chair with a square structure and 4 supporting points. Better still, the load capacity of this robust portable camping chair is up to 330 lbs.
- Unrivaled Quality: Don’t settle for a cheap lightweight folding chair that is not reliable enough. Built to last, the Sportneer portable camp folding chair is constructed with heavy-duty 7075 aluminum alloy and 900D Oxford cloth. To keep your small accessories well organized, each backpacking chair is designed with 2 side pockets.
- Ultralight & Compact: When you’re going camping, hiking or beach, you need all the convenience you can get! The Sportneer outdoor portable camping chair only weighs 2 lbs and can be folded into a 14″ * 5″ * 4.5″ one, making it easy to bring along. Take an outdoor adventure with the ultralight camp chair stored in the carry-on bag.
- Easy Setup & Cleaning: Setup has never been easier thanks to the foldable oxford cloth and metal poles. No handyman skills are required! It’s also easy to clean—just wipe with a damp cloth or soap water and you’re good to go.
- Versatile Uses: No matter what your outdoor adventure is, this heavy-duty portable hiking foldable chair is a must-have for campers, hikers, backpackers, adventurers, and more. From the beach, backpacking, camping, hiking, motorcycle traveling, concert party, picnic, BBQs, to road trips, this adults folding chair will make your outdoor activity a pleasure.
Other Sportneer Products To Consider
Sportneer Mini 3 Percussive Massage Gun
The Sportneer MINI 3 massage gun performs similarly to the original Sportneer massage gun but weighs only a fraction of the weight. This deep tissue mini massager gun is not only compact and easy to carry around, but it also produces a whisper-quiet 35 to 45 decibels of operating noise. With the smart massaging mode, you can apply as much pressure as you like with the massage gun on sore or tight muscles; the massage will be as intense as you make it.
Is The Sportneer Mini Massage Gun Worth It?
With 120 reviews and an average rating of 4.5 stars, it’s safe to say the Sportneer mini massage gun is a popular choice. Customers found the mini massager to be incredibly light, easy to use, and excellent value for money.
Sportneer Adjustable Ankle Weights
Each set of Sportneer ankle weights includes 5 sand pockets, so you can adjust the weight to your preference. About 0.13 kilograms (1.35 pounds) can be stored in each individual pocket. By adding or removing weights from the pockets, you can change the weight of a single pack from 1.1 to 3.5 pounds and of a single pair from 2.2 to 7 pounds. The Sportneer wrist weights were of high quality and comfort; they were constructed with neoprene and featured reinforced stitching, a sturdy outer trim, and moisture-absorbing material on the inside.
The leg weights’ 11.6-inch-long velcro straps make them adjustable to fit users of varying ankle and wrist sizes.
The D-ring is designed to resist pulling, keeping the strap in place and preventing the ankle weights from falling off no matter how much you move. The Sportneer ankle and wrist weights set makes your daily workouts harder. They let you build strength, rehabilitate muscles, improve your balance, and help with physical therapy while you walk, jog, core train, do fitness, aerobics, or go to the gym.
Is The Sportneer Massage Gun Worth It?
Customers love the Sportneer ankle weights. Customers were very complimentary about everything from the quality of the products to the helpfulness of the staff. The ankle weights were praised by many buyers for their comfort and durability. A small number of customers were let down because they felt the weights were inadequate.
Sportneer Massage Gun Alternatives
Sportneer Massage Gun Promotions and Discounts
We hunt for special offers and discounts as part of our Sportneer massage gun review to ensure you get the best value product. Here are some of the money-saving ideas we discovered:
Sign Up To Sportneer Emails
When you sign up to receive emails, you will be the first to hear of exclusive offers and be notified of the latest products.
If you require any more information, or if you need to contact the brand directly, you can contact their support team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Send a message using the help form
- Check out their support pages
Sportneer Massage Gun Frequently Asked Questions
Where Is Sportneer Located?
Sportneer is part of the Yiwu Thousand Shores company, which is based in China.
Does Sportneer Have a Return Policy?
Sportneer offers a no-questions-asked 30-day refund policy. Everything has to be returned in perfect condition.
Do Sportneer Offer a Warranty?
From the date of purchase forward, a 12 month warranty will cover any and all quality-related problems.
Sportneer Shipping Policy
Sportneer exclusively ships within the United States. Your order will be processed within 24 hours of receipt and shipped out to you for delivery within 2–7 business days (based on your location). Please check the brand’s website for the most up-to-date information on shipping costs, which vary with package weight. You will receive free shipping on orders over $59.