Our reviews are unbiased, objective, and non-sponsored. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Masterbuilt is a well-known manufacturer of outdoor cooking equipment that is dependable, inexpensive, and simple to operate. This Masterbuilt smoker review examines the brand and the feedback it has received.
Masterbuilt Manufacturing is a prominent outdoor cooking appliance designer and marketer. The company sells branded smokers, ceramic and classic grills, fryers, charcoal grills, and other accessories. The brand is proud of creating smokers that are built to last. These grills are not only functional and durable, they also look great in your backyard.
Where Is Masterbuilt Located?
Masterbuilt is a Chamblee, Georgia-based private company. All Masterbuilt products are made in China.
Masterbuilt Smoker: Pros And Cons
What We Like!
- Wide range of grills for all budgets
- Feature rich smokers
- Durable and great value
- No easy way to contact customer service
[amazon bestseller=”Masterbuilt” items=”4″]
Masterbuilt Charcoal Grills Review
The Masterbuilt charcoal grills are built based on tradition and represent the pinnacle of mastering the art of charcoal cooking in your own backyard.
Gravity Series 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
The Masterbuilt Gravity Series® 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker allows you to smoke, grill, sear, bake, roast, and so much more.
The DigitalFan maintains the optimum cooking temperature once you set the temperature on the digital control panel or on your smart device. The GravityFed charcoal hopper can hold up to 8 hours of charcoal, and gravity keeps the fire going. The 1050 square inches of cooking space provided by the reversible smoke and sear cast-iron grates and FoldAway warming and smoking racks is ample for any family.
This outdoor grill also features a simple fold out cable storage at the back of the side shelf to prevent loss or damage to the power source, as well as a folding stainless steel shelf and stainless steel side shelf for more preparation area.
Gravity Series 1050 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker Customer Review Analysis
- Reviews: 2,034
- Review Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
- 91% of reviews recommend this product
What Customers Love About The Masterbuilt Charcoal Grill:
- Works very well in almost all weather
- Load it, light it, close it, turn it on and go.
- Simple and easy for grillers who love charcoal flavor with a digital advantage for ease!
- The quality of the Masterbuilt is really good and everything made thus far has been excellent.
- This thing is so versatile. Low slow, hot and fast, reverse sear, NO PROBLEM!
- Check your phone and control temp – but don’t go far as it will disconnect from the grill and it’s an irritant constantly syncing up.
- The switch for the grill door is to close to the heat source and it melted and failed.
- One issue – all those marketing materials glued to the equipment! why?
36 Inch Charcoal Grill
The Masterbuilt 36-inch Charcoal Grill delivers a rich charcoal taste. There’s enough room to grill 37 sausages, 21 burgers, 4 racks of ribs, or 8 birds with 504 square inches of cooking area. To get those perfectly cooked burgers or steaks, use the charcoal lift basket to adjust the heat.
The charcoal grill has the following features: The cast iron charcoal door folds down to allow for the addition of charcoal. A cooking grid made of cast iron with a handle that allows you to easily lift the grid to access the charcoal. In addition, two adjustable vents and two smoke stacks let you control the temperature even more. There is also a built-in temperature gauge to make sure your results are always the same.
Masterbuilt 36 Inch Charcoal Grill Customer Review Analysis
- Reviews: 30
- Review Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars
- 83 % of reviews recommend this product
What Customers Love About The Masterbuilt 36 Inch Charcoal Grill:
- He loves the cooking control he has [temperature, heat venting, etc.] with this grill, he enjoyed the fact that all he had to do to add more coal, was as simple as opening the door.
- The 30″ cooking surface is pretty big also.
- The grill seems solid and well built.
- The app is pretty cool as well, it has recipes and stuff with some cool ideas.
- All of the seams are exhibiting rusting makes me wonder what can of coating they used.
- Lots of air gets in above where the ash pan meets the grill.
MasterBuilt Smoker Review
For individuals who are ready to master the art of smoking, Masterbuilt smokers provide innovative features including a proprietary side wood chip loading system, a DigitalFan that maintains the appropriate cooking temperature, Bluetooth smart control, and built-in meat probe thermometers.
Digital Electric Smoker with Window
The Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker is great for both new and experienced smokers. Simply plug this smoker in, program the digital settings, and it will take care of the rest! You can experiment with flavor without opening the smoker door thanks to the innovative side wood chip loader.
With temps as high as 275 degrees Fahrenheit and 711 square inches of smoking space, you’ll be cooking up a storm in no time.
The on/off controls, cooking temperature, and time are all on the digital panel. For even, consistent smoking, there is a thermostat-temperature control and four chrome-coated smoking racks. There is a water bowl to add moisture and flavor. There is also an air damper for smoke control.
Digital Electric Smoker with Window Customer Review Analysis
- Reviews: 752
- Review Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
- 80 % of reviews recommend this product
What Customers Love About The Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker with Window:
- Temperature control very good, and I like the app.
- Temperature probe is good, even though I do use additional probes.
- Slide out racks are easy to clean, and of great quality.
- Good and nicely designed water pan.
- My only minor disappointment is not getting smoke below a smoker set point of 185F.
- Only one negative and that is the smoker capacity, just doesn’t provide enough smoke time for longer smokes.
Masterbuilt Fryer Review
Using either air or oil, Masterbuilt deep fryers can be used for both frying and boiling. Some versions can also steam, bake, roast, and do a variety of other things. With large capacities, simple cleanup and safety elements included lets check out the Masterbult Fryer bestsellers.
Masterbuilt 20 Quart 6-in-1 Outdoor Air Fryer
With the stroke of a button, the Masterbuilt 6-in-1 Outdoor Air Fryer can air fry, bake, roast, convection, broil, or dehydrate all of your favorite dishes. The stacking baskets allow you to cook many meals at once, making supper preparation much easier.
Simply select your preferred cooking function and either manually adjust the temperature or cook at the preset setting. For a unique flavor experience, add wood chips while smoking.
When set on the ground, the outdoor fryer has a top load for convenience and safety, as well as all of the dishwasher-safe accessories, such as a heat deflector, grease tray, and wood chip tray.
Masterbuilt 20 Quart 6-in-1 Outdoor Air Fryer Customer Review Analysis
- Reviews: 74
- Review Rating: 3.9 out of 5 stars
- 79% of reviews recommend this product
What Customers Love About The Masterbuilt 20 Quart 6-in-1 Outdoor Air Fryer:
- It’s easy to assemble, it took like 15 minutes after I read the booklet.
- It’s quite sturdy and looks real nice next to my grill on the deck
- This product performs exceptional well and I just love all the options like the Air fry, Roast, Bake, Convection, Broil, and Dehydrate options.
- Just choose your setting and and your temp and your ready to go. You can choose presets as well.
- The instruction manual is confusing and missing needed information
- Cleaning can be a nightmare too with all the small grooves.
Masterbuilt Smoker Alternatives
Masterbuilt Reviews From Other Sources
As part of our Masterbuilt Smokers review, GNGuide looked into a number of review sites to discover more about people’s thoughts on the outdoor cooking equipment.
Consumer Affairs was the starting point for our inquiry. The brand has only 1.6 out of 5 stars from 456 reviews on this website.
Customers posted numerous unfavorable reviews on this site, ranging from damaged grills to poor customer service and a shortage of replacement parts.
The other sites we looked at, on the other hand, all had a significantly higher impression of the brand. The Amazon products featured got mostly positive feedback, with the occasional negative review thrown in for good measure:
- The Portable Propane Grill has 1,550 reviews and a 4.3-star rating.
- Masterbuilt gravity series charcoal grill has 1 038 reviews and a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- 4.055 reviews and 4.5 out of 5 ratings for the electric fryer.
There were a lot of other Masterbuilt smoker reviews, and the majority of them agreed that the brand makes great barbecues.
Masterbuilt Social Media
Masterbuilt has a strong social media presence, with over 344k followers on its @masterbuilt Facebook page and 58k followers on its @masterbuilt Instagram profile. The company seems to be very active on the site. They post pictures of delicious food that was made with masterbuilt products on a regular basis.
Where Can You Buy Masterbuilt Smokers?
If you’re looking to buy a Masterbuilt smoker online, we recommend doing so straight from the manufacturer’s website to get the best deal. Additionally, the brand’s Amazon Store features a vast assortment of the brand’s merchandise.
Masterbuilt Promotions and Discounts
Masterbuilt does not currently offer any promotional discounts, however the brand does regularly discount its merchandise, so keep a look out for those deals.
Sign Up To Masterbuilt Emails
When you sign up to receive emails, you will be the first to hear of exclusive offers and be notified of the latest products.
If you require any more information, or if you need to contact the brand directly, you can contact their support team:
- Contact us page
- Check out their support pages
Masterbuilt Frequently Asked Questions
Does Masterbuilt Have a Return Policy?
Only items purchased directly from Masterbuilt’s website (www.masterbuilt.com) are eligible for returns. You have 30 days from the date of shipment to return the item(s).All items must be unopened, undamaged, and in their original packaging when returned.
Do Masterbuilt Offer a Warranty?
For one year from the date of original retail purchase, Masterbuilt warrants all of its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship under correct assembly, normal usage, and suggested care.
Masterbuilt Shipping Policy
All orders over $100 will receive free shipping.