Buying prescription glasses online can be a convenient and affordable way to get the eyewear you need. However, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable retailer to ensure that you get a good product and a good fit.
Our reviews are unbiased, objective, and non-sponsored. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Step By Step Guide To Buying Prescription Glasses Online
Buying prescription glasses online is a relatively straightforward process. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Get a copy of your prescription from your optometrist. This is essential, as you will need to enter this information when ordering your glasses online.
- Choose an online retailer. There are many different online retailers that sell prescription glasses. Some popular options include Eyebuydirect, Warby Parker, and Zenni Optical.
- Browse the selection of frames. Once you have chosen a retailer, you can start browsing their selection of frames. Most retailers offer virtual try-on tools, so you can see how different frames look on your face before you buy them.
- Enter your prescription information. Once you have chosen a frame, you will need to enter your prescription information. This includes your sphere, cylinder, axis, and PD (pupillary distance).
- Select your lens options. Most retailers offer a variety of lens options, such as different lens coatings and materials. You can also choose to add extras, such as blue light blocking lenses or transition lenses.
- Review your order and checkout. Once you have entered your prescription information and selected your lens options, be sure to carefully review your order before you checkout.
- Wait for your glasses to arrive. Once you have placed your order, it will typically take a few days to a week for your glasses to arrive.
Related: Should I buy glasses online
Buying Prescription Glasses Online
Here are a few things to keep in mind when buying prescription glasses online:
- Choose a reputable retailer. Read reviews of different retailers before you buy to get a sense of their customer service and the quality of their products.
- Get your eyes examined by an eye doctor regularly. This will ensure that you have the correct prescription for your glasses.
- Measure your pupillary distance accurately. This is a key measurement that will ensure that your glasses fit properly.
- Be aware of the different lens options available. There are a variety of different lens materials, coatings, and features to choose from.
- Compare prices from different retailers. Prices can vary widely, so it’s worth taking some time to compare before you buy.
Once you’ve chosen a retailer and placed your order, be sure to inspect your glasses carefully when you receive them. Make sure that the prescription is correct and that the frames fit well. If you have any problems, contact the retailer immediately.
Pros and Cons of Buying Prescription Glasses Online
- Convenience: You can shop for glasses online at any time of day or night, from the comfort of your own home.
- Selection: Online retailers typically have a wider selection of frames to choose from than traditional brick-and-mortar stores.
- Price: Online retailers often have lower prices than traditional brick-and-mortar stores.
- Virtual try-on tools: Many online retailers offer virtual try-on tools that allow you to see how different frames look on your face before you buy them.
- Fit: It can be difficult to get a good fit for glasses online, especially if you have a complex prescription or a difficult-to-fit face shape.
- Quality: The quality of online glasses can vary widely. It’s important to choose a reputable retailer and read reviews before you buy.
- Customer service: It can be more difficult to get customer support from an online retailer than from a traditional brick-and-mortar store.
Overall, buying glasses with an online prescription can be a great way to save money and get a wide selection of frames to choose from. Just be sure to do your research and choose a reputable retailer.